Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie hence I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubts.

What exactly we mean by customzing table ?

What is the use of customizng table?

Can anyone give an example ?

Points will be awarded.

Thanks,

Tushar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I have a question for you - when you say customizing tables, are you referring to the tables with Delivery Class 'C' or the tables that are created in the customer namespace, starting with Y or Z (and hence the name custom tables)?

Sudha

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Customizing table in the sense we create our own table

(ZCon_table1/ycon_table1)

2. for example we want to capture some details in the sales order creation and want to store in different tables which will be used to futher process.

3. In some cases the standard table provides some inculdes using that include we can add some more fieds to satisfy our functionality

cheers,

sasi

0 Kudos

So do we generally create customized table when we develope our own transactions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I have a question for you - when you say customizing tables, are you referring to the tables with Delivery Class 'C' or the tables that are created in the customer namespace, starting with Y or Z (and hence the name custom tables)?

Sudha

0 Kudos

Till now I was talking about table creation in customer namespace starting with Y or Z.

Can you focus some light on tables with delivery class 'C' ? What is it used for ?

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You can refer to the SAP help for further clarification:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4f/991f82446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Please award points and close this thread if your original query has been answered.

Sudha

Message was edited by: Sudha Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Some useful information on Delivery Class:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/43/45860774b711d2959700a0c929b3c3/content.htm

To understand DC, 'C', consider the table T001. This table contains the company codes in the R/3 system. It has the delivery class "C" - meaning that it contains customizing information. This data will be used in thousands of other transactions and tables.

Best Regards,

Anjali

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customizing = Overall procedure to setup SAP System

System settings data comprising:

table contents of tables in delivery class C, G, and partially E

project documentation and

IMG documentation

1) standard : Transaction SPRO

2) customer tables : SM30

regards Andreas

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For custom tables,you can generate table maintenance and then write your own PBO and PAI modules for the table.

Kindly reward points if it helps you.