Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields not displayed in ALV (IE05 and IH08)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I added some custom fields to the equipment master using exit ITOB0001. This is all working fine. I then implemented note 586523 to add these fields to RIHEQUI_LIST so that they would appear in equipment reports like IE05, IE06 and IH08. My fields do get displayed in IE06 but not in IE05 and IH08, I debugged the transactions and I think it has something to do with the field grouping but I'm not sure. Can anyone help get these fields to appear?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem had nothing to do with the enhancement, the standard ALV method was retrieving the pre-enhanced fieldcat from buffer. I cleared the buffer and it works fine now.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me where you cleared the pre-enhanced buffer and how.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

I got a similar situation where i could not see my customer specific fields in transaction IE06 ALV list even after implementing SAP Note 586523. Upon a detailed analysis I found that only standard fields, or fields starting with character 'Z' are displayed within ALV for transaction IE06 (and transactions from same family).

The fields i was using started with 'Y' and hence in field catalog, column TECH was marked with 'X' for them (that means no display).

So baseline, only customer specific fields, starting with 'Z' are displayed in the ALV.

You may like to check the code in include MIOLXF14 (line 1105).

Best Regards,

Ali