Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency field not taking decimal values

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have created on data element at the data dictionary level but when i am giving some input to it via screen it is restricting me to give decimals value and its giving me a error as

input must be in the format __.__.~,__

the data element is of type curr and number of char is 15 and decimal place is 2 and output length is 12 ..

please help me out

10 REPLIES 10

former_member200345
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Go to the transaction SU01D and open the 'DEFAULTS' tab and check the decimal notation maintained for your user id.

Change the decimal notation as per your format.

Regards,

Vijaymadhur.

0 Kudos

i have opened that t-code but its in display mode its not allowing me to change ...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the tcode SU01.

If you don't have change access to SU01, follow the below path from the MENU bar to change the dicimal notation.

SYSTEM --> USER PROFILE ---> OWN DATA

Regards,

Vijaymadhur.

0 Kudos

I HAVE CHANGE IT AS 1,234,567.89 BUT STILL ITS SHOWING THE ERROR AT THE SCREEN LEVEL AND MY INPUT IS STILL 12.50 WHICH I HAVENOT BEEN ABLE TO INSERT

0 Kudos

I HAVE CHANGE IT AS 1,234,567.89 BUT STILL ITS SHOWING THE ERROR AT THE SCREEN LEVEL AND MY INPUT IS STILL 12.50 WHICH I HAVENOT BEEN ABLE TO INSERT

FIRST OF ALL, ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED TO BE RUDE! Please take check before you hit the "post message" button

Back to your issue, you need to logoff from the system & login again for the changes to take affect ...

0 Kudos

Hi

At screen painter level, double click on the input field the you get the attributes screen. there under DICT tab find FORMAT there you select DEC or CURR and activate all your components of the program and check it again

Cheerz

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the input data you gave in the screen?

Did you give more than two decimals?

0 Kudos

i am giving the input as 12.50 only

0 Kudos

i am giving the input as 12.50 only

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi gupta i too faced the same problem earlier .but mu problem was solved by the following wav.

firstly declare .

data: L_amount(15) type c.

in loop.

Replace all Occuranaces of ',' in l_amount with space.
Condense l_amount.

Ref: [;

<removed by moderator>

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on May 16, 2011 11:45 AM