Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency converting huf

former_member2492
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to convert from EURO to HUF.

if entered value has decimal ex 12.11 the standard,sap HUF has no decimal and throws the error:Decimal Places are not permited. ZZ_PRICE which has two decimal places type CURR.

Unfortunatelly I cant change the data type at the runtime.

I have found only this solution this far Solution_Link

Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182550
Active Contributor

Why not create a new data element with 0 decimals and then move that to the correct field during PAI ?

Rich

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182550
Active Contributor

Why not create a new data element with 0 decimals and then move that to the correct field during PAI ?

Rich

0 Kudos

excuse me but if you create an integer and then pass it to the ZZ_PRICE ,t still will take two decimal places,example 12.10 * 100 = 1210 . then it becomes 1210.00??

0 Kudos

Hi Johnu,

However, having said that, how are you trying to convert the values ? (ie what function module are you using ?)

0 Kudos

Hmm, so 0.45 EUR will be 0 HUF ?

-- Tomas --

0 Kudos

heh.... Answered before reading question.....

0 Kudos

This answer is good,however I solved my issue by just reading the currency field before the amount field.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution is about FB01, is it your case? Or is it another standard transaction, or a custom screen you are developing?

Moreover, it seems that your problem is about the input of price/number of decimals depending on currency code, but you are are also talking about currency conversion and what is weird is that the direction is from Euro to HUF but you enter a price in HUF. Could you confirm that your question is only about the input of price?