Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Forks & Security Approver Determinator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently working on our CUP workflows and are planning on using forms to distinguish between manual provisioning (systems such as MDM console) and autoprovisioning (ABAP and java stacks). My question is, when we use the fork condition NON-SAP and SAP, where does CUP look to determine this? We are planning on using applications to setup our manual provisioning systems but I also know we could create them as dummy "other" connectors (although messy).

Also, what is the difference between Security Lead and Security approver determinators when configuring a stage? What IDs does CUP look at for these two? I only see Security Lead under Approvers.

Thanks!

Grace Rae

3 REPLIES 3

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

Forks only work for non-SAP connectors, so you's have to go for a dummy system if you really need fork. Alternatively you can chose an initiator based on roles, which will also allow you to fork the request on the first stage.

The security approver determinator is a group approver which looks for everyone with the UME role "AESecurity" and routes the request to them in parallel.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply.

If we created a "fork" via the initiators looking at the roles in the request, we would essentially have to update the initiator every time a new role is added into our environment, correct? I would think this would become a maintenance nightmare. What are your thoughts, have you seen this done?

Thanks,

Grace Rae

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yea and yes

It really depends on your individual requirements - maybe there's also the possibility to adjust auto provisioning setting sby system to get rid of the fork requirement?

Frank.