Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl+Shift+A not working anymore

former_member204167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

recently my Ctrl+Shift+A stopped working. Even if i restart eclipse or even windows nothing changes. The same happened to one of my colleagues. Anyone else experienced similar issues. All other shortcuts seem to work well. Even other Ctrl+Shift+XYZ keys are working fine.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards

Tobias

4 REPLIES 4

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

is it ony the shortcut which is not working or is the function in general not available anymore?

Have you tried the toolbar button 'Open ABAP development object'?

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the button in the toolbar bar works fine. All other shortcuts seem to work as well. It's just annoying if you always have to use the mouse to open a development object though it works as a workaround.

Edit: When I "rebind" this functionality in the settings (Windows --> Preferences --> General --> Keys ) to another key combination (e.g. Alt+F7) it works great. When I try to rebind it back to "Ctrl+Shift+A" this is not accepted. Though I press the complete shortcut the "A" is not recognized as you can see in the screenshot below:

Every other Ctrl+Shift+XYZ Combo works and can be binded without any problems. Even Ctrl+A and Shift+A can be binded. It only Ctrl+Shift+A not working. I really wonder if this is an issue with eclipse or Windows 10.

Regards,

Tobias

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hmh, sounds strange.

Maybe another program on your system is using this shortcut.

What happens when you hit CTRL-SHIFT-A outside eclipse?

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I actually think it must be related to another program since it stopped working from one day to another. Nevertheless, when I press ctrl+shift+A outside of eclipse nothing happens. I will do some research later and see if there are utility programs to find out which application potentially uses the shortcut.

Really strange...

Regards,

Tobias