Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Upgrade Code Mystery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just upgraded Dev from CRM 3.1 to 4.0

I have a problem where something that was working is now not.

Debugging our non-upgraded CRM system alongside our upgraded CRM system I got to a line of code :

CALL SUBSCREEN screen_3000_resizing_area.

In the upgraded version this goes to program SAPLBUS_LOCATOR

In the non upgraded version the same line of code takes me to SAPLBUPA_DIALOG_JOEL

Can anyone enlighten me how this can be so ?

Many Thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The program SAPLBUPA_DIALOG_JOEL is used by transaction BP (and BP0) for business partner maintenance.

The program SAPLBUS_LOCATOR is actually a small program that is used INSIDE other programs to have a locator function for business partner.

So more light i cannot give. And yes, it is possible that this is a normal difference between 3.1 and 4.0, because 4.0 has many more integrated functions.

You do not need to start transactions from the menues, bur many transactions have a direct link to others. As you can imagine, business partner maintenance is one of them.

Now to your problem.

Since not very much details are given.

Possibly in the 3.1 system you have modified (maybe unknowingly) de business partner locator screen. Therefore it calls the SAPLBUS_LOCATOR program in order to do some résizing (most likely make it smaller).

You must apply the same change in the 4.0 system.

When that is done, you can actually detrmine where things go wrong.

Hope this helps you on your way.

Regards,

Rob.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The program SAPLBUPA_DIALOG_JOEL is used by transaction BP (and BP0) for business partner maintenance.

The program SAPLBUS_LOCATOR is actually a small program that is used INSIDE other programs to have a locator function for business partner.

So more light i cannot give. And yes, it is possible that this is a normal difference between 3.1 and 4.0, because 4.0 has many more integrated functions.

You do not need to start transactions from the menues, bur many transactions have a direct link to others. As you can imagine, business partner maintenance is one of them.

Now to your problem.

Since not very much details are given.

Possibly in the 3.1 system you have modified (maybe unknowingly) de business partner locator screen. Therefore it calls the SAPLBUS_LOCATOR program in order to do some résizing (most likely make it smaller).

You must apply the same change in the 4.0 system.

When that is done, you can actually detrmine where things go wrong.

Hope this helps you on your way.

Regards,

Rob.