Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of custom BAPI for FB02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to create custom BAPI to update FB02 and for my requirement i found there is no standard BAPI available since i need to update lot of other fields in FB02 that is the reason, i want to use CALL TRANSACTION inside the BAPI to update FB02 but i found its not working.

Is it really possible to use BDC( Call Transaction ) inside the BAPI??? if it is possible any reason why its not working for me and if it dont work, how do u think i should update FB02 - plss dont mention standard BAPI's or FM.

Note: I have seen some Standard BAPI's using CALL Transaction inside them but in my case its not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is to create custom BAPI

Follow these steps.

1. Find the fields you are giving values on the screen and create a structure. you should only use structure and must not use that structure in other ways.If you use it in other objects BAPI will be frozen.

2.After you create Structure you create function module and mention that structure in that.Later release the function module

3.Later you go to SWO1 and add that method in that and realese that also

4.Finally you can find your BAPI in BOR

You can also find solution to your question in the following link

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/BAPI/CustomBAPICreation/page1.htm

0 Kudos

Award points if useful

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but thats not my question and i solved this one myselves.

0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you solve. I am also in a similar situation.

Kind Regards,

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

May I know what actually you are updating using the BAPI for FB02???

Why you are going for a Custom BAPI???

Thanks & Regards,

-Syed.