Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating table without creating domain n dataelement(what type of data is)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to create table without creating domain n dataelement

for what thoose tables are used for(what type of datait holds?)

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to create a table without domains and data tables.

Enter the table name and click on CREATE. On the next screen click on "Predefined types" button. This will gray out the data element column and open the columns data type, length, decimals and text columns for input. You need to specify the data type details in these columns.

Even though it is possible to create the table in the above fashion I would suggest you create data elements and domains for all the fields.

-Kiran

*Please reward useful answers

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use standard built data element and domain for creating tables.

But table must have data element, it can be like char2 builtin DE.

and its not mandatory to have domain attached to DE, you can use builtin type or reference type to create DE.

Regds

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no difference b/w the table that is created with Data Element and the one without it in order to store data. i.e both can store any kind of data. But SAP recommends to use Data Element and Domain concept to have reusability for the created DE/Domain. i.e. if a Data Element/Domain is created it can be used in more than one table.

Regards,

Sudh...

Please reward useful answeres/sugessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srikanth,

Its possible to create a Ztable without creating a data element or domain.

You can simply make use of standard datatypes like char, int or you can make use of standard dataelements like char2, char 10 etc..

The reason of creating a new domain or data element is if it doesnt exists in advance or if you want to specify you range of entries etc..

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>