Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create user instrunctions for z programs

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a z report with a rather complex selection screen and I want to create user instructions.

My idea was to create a button that opens a pop-up with the list of instructions.

It is possible that the user instructions will become mandatory if after a test period this implementation is useful for end users.

Is there a way I can create these instructions using f1 help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello i.ion

Why don't you put all the instructions in the ABAP report documentation:

The documentation standard template features the following sections:

Once you create the report documentation, it'll be available from the selection screen with "I" button:

Moreover if you use custom data elements for selection screen fields, you can put additional documentation in a data element. That will be available with F1 on the field.

In my mind that the easiest, the most standard way to go.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

3 REPLIES 3

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello i.ion

Why don't you put all the instructions in the ABAP report documentation:

The documentation standard template features the following sections:

Once you create the report documentation, it'll be available from the selection screen with "I" button:

Moreover if you use custom data elements for selection screen fields, you can put additional documentation in a data element. That will be available with F1 on the field.

In my mind that the easiest, the most standard way to go.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Thanks for your help.

I ended up putting the instructions in the ABAP report documentation .

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Yes you can create such help

• At report level, input and activate a report documentation, an "i" information icon will be displayed when the report is executed that will display you document (also available in menu)
  • For each parameter/select-option when F1 is pressed: either displaying documentation of data element associated to parameter or display any specific document created with SE61 Creating a Documentation Object calling FM DOCU_CALL within AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON HELP-REQUEST statements.