Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ORDRSP Idoc on creation, change or deletion of outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ORDRSP Idocs being created when a sales order is created or modified. Now our customer would like an ORDRSP Idoc sent to them when the outbound delivery is created for the sales order. The reason that the customer would like an additional ORDRSP sent is because the time between the entry of the sales order and the creation of the outbound delivery may be a few weeks or more and the actual delivery may not be able to satisfy the quantity ordered. The customer is not set up to allow partial deliveries.

The customer uses the ORDRSP to feed into their billing system and would like updated quantities at delivery time. They do not want an ASN record.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to trigger the ORDRSP Idoc when the delivery is created, modified or deleted? We are on SAP release ECC 6.0

Thanks for any help,

Russell

7 REPLIES 7

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Idoc will be created automatically when Order saved. You need to configure automatic output determination.

Ask functional consultant to do this generally its done by them

also refer http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBFOC/SDBFOC.pdf

You also need partner profile configuration, you should be having it already anyway for Oders.

Also you can check current configuration for IDOC in transcation NACE for your Order Output type.

Regards,

Vinit

Edited by: Vinit Joshi on Feb 17, 2012 9:23 PM

Edited by: Vinit Joshi on Feb 17, 2012 9:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, we need to maintain the partner profile details for ORDRSP Idoc.

Once done you need to activate the change pointer for the same, what this will do, is trigger and Idoc when ever the sensitive fields associate with ORDRSP Idoc is changed or new Order is created, it will trigger an IDoc.

Also maintain the distribution model.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Vinit and Abhishek,

Thanks for your replies and information. Sorry I was not clear in my question. The ORDRSP Idoc is already being created when the order is created or changed. ORDRSP works fine. The partner profile is set up, NACE is already configured for ORDRSP, change pointer is working properly, output determination is configured and working, the ORDRSP Idoc is being created.

What I would additionally like to do is trigger the creation of an ORDRSP Idoc when the delivery for the order is created or modified. I suspect this will require using a user exit in the delivery program to trigger the ORDRSP Idoc and not standard SAP configuration. This is what I would like help on (trigger the creation of an ORDRSP Idoc when the delivery for the order is created or modified).

Also this site is a small shop. I am the ABAP programmer, the functional consultant and the EDI consultant for all SAP modules. There is no one else on the team here other than one person that does transports and security for SAP.

Thanks,

Russell

0 Kudos

Hi

You can still create on output type for delivery transmisson type "Special function" and attach a Custom Z program here or call one in your Z program which creates order idoc when saving delivery.

regards

Vinit

0 Kudos

Russell,

Assuming you use some EDI sending system (like GIS), have you considered using a DELVRY0X message type (output of the delivery document) and simply mapping the data into the customeru2019s preferred format? Doing so would bring into the IDoc the data that is specific to (and subject to change in) the delivery document. An example of such data is a changed Planned Goods Issue date. This would not hit the ORDERSP message under the standard processing code.

If DELVRY0X is not an option, then I would use the exits in the include program MV50AFZ1 to send a benign change to the sales order that would trigger the ORDERSP IDoc according to your current configuration (the u201Con-changeu201D scenario).

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos

Ken,

You have a couple of good suggestions. The customer insists on an ORDRSP Idoc but if I could talk them into the DELVRY Idoc that would be better. I may have to go with the second option though. Now I need to see how I can pass the delivery quantities instead of the ordered quantities to ORDRSP in MV50AFZ1 (maybe a Ztable containing the delivery qtys that are read and then deleted in a ZIDOC_OUTPUT_ORDRSP fm). I have been pulled to another project but will let everyone know the results of my testing when I get back to this problem.

Thanks,

Russell

russell_adams
Explorer

Well I have finally worked this out.  What I did was put code in user exit ZXVEDU15 to see if there is an entry in table VBUV for the sales order.  If a record exists then the order is incomplete.  I added E1EDL37-ERLKZ with a Y for complete and a N for incomplete.  If there is a Y then the ORDRSP idoc is sent out to the customer.