Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new settlement rule for an order with a function module

fabian_huber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a settlement rule for an order. I searched for existing function modules and found K_ORDER_SETTLEMENT_RULE, which seems to be the correct one.

The problem: The settlement rules, which I create with this function module are not saved.

Do I have to call another function module to save my new rules?

Thanks in advance,

Fabian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settlement rules are first of all defined in customizing how the should be behave and secondly lies the question how to update a CO cost object with this settlement rule.

My first advice would be to use the "automatic settlement derivation feature" that can be setup in customizing alike. <b>SPRO -> Controlling -> Internal Orders -> Actual Postings -> Settlement -> Automatic generation of Settlement Rule</b>. Read the docu for this node (right click and choose Display documentation) to understand what possibilities and limitations this functionality has. Below this node you have the possibility to define a "settlement strategy" and allocate this to a order type. You can also define a Enhamcement (COOM0003

) where you can somewhat influence the automatic generation of settlement rules.

Execute transaction KO8G (collective processing) or KO88 (indicidual processing) to create a settlement rule for internal orders.

The other option you have is to create a custom program based on BDC to create settlement rule for internal orders.

I think the BDC program would be a better idea for you.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

RS

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settlement rules are first of all defined in customizing how the should be behave and secondly lies the question how to update a CO cost object with this settlement rule.

My first advice would be to use the "automatic settlement derivation feature" that can be setup in customizing alike. <b>SPRO -> Controlling -> Internal Orders -> Actual Postings -> Settlement -> Automatic generation of Settlement Rule</b>. Read the docu for this node (right click and choose Display documentation) to understand what possibilities and limitations this functionality has. Below this node you have the possibility to define a "settlement strategy" and allocate this to a order type. You can also define a Enhamcement (COOM0003

) where you can somewhat influence the automatic generation of settlement rules.

Execute transaction KO8G (collective processing) or KO88 (indicidual processing) to create a settlement rule for internal orders.

The other option you have is to create a custom program based on BDC to create settlement rule for internal orders.

I think the BDC program would be a better idea for you.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

RS

fabian_huber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for you answer.

The whole scenario: I want to extend the Internet Sales application to be able to select a cost center in the basket and save this cost center in a settlement rule in the order in R/3. So an automatic generation of a settlement rule is not possible, because I don't know the cost center in advance.

Because I want to do this from Internet Sales, I have to implement a function module, because it's very easy to call this function module from Internet Sales.

Any further suggestions?

Kind regards,

Fabian