Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Enhancement implementation in standard include

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to this enhancement procedures, but need to implement a small enhancement within a SAP standard include.

I have done the following:

- Pressed the enhance icon

- Choosed menu Edit->Enhancement Operations->Show implicit enhancement options

- Set the cursor on a line with an arrow in front

- choosed "create implementation" and choosed "code" in the next popup

- In the popup for selecting or creating enhancement implementations, I was choosing -> create enhancement implementation

- I have created an enhancement implementation, but got back to this selection popup. In there I can't find my new enhanc. implementation

- went to SE80 and actrivated my new enhancement implementation

-- > But in the popup to select an enhancement implementation, it can't still be found!

Can anybody explain me how to find it and how to proceed to add some enhancement code?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phillip_Morgan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

The include I have in my system is FV45PF0V_VBAP_WERKS_G_PRUEFEN.

Maybe a typing mistake?

Anyways, the options at your disposal are the same:

- when you do "show implicit enhancements" you will have at least three possibilities:

- beginning of form

- end of form

- end of include

When I created the implicit enhancement at end of form, the popup positioned itself on the new enhancement.

Maybe something wrong happened during creation. Why not delete then recreate?

18 REPLIES 18

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

can you tell me please for which standard tcode, you wants to put your enhancement.

It would be easy to tell you alternate solutions.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

the include is called FV45PF0V_VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN.

But there is already one enhancement implementation in the end, but I would like to add another one at the beginning.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply, but one things that i wants to know , are you sure that this

enhancement will fullfill your needs, please put break point

BREAK (user id).

in all the inhancement and then save and activate the same, and then run your tcode for which you

are going to do inhancements.'

It will stops at a particular enhancement point.

If it is the same as you have mentioned then please revert me.

If it will stops at other enhancement point, then also please tell me.

It will varify you that, you are going to implement your enhancement at right place.

0 Kudos

You cannot do that (ref: Implicit Enhancement Options in ABAP Source Codes)

You can use implicit enhancement at start and end of form VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN, and add some other form(s) at end of include after of before already crated one, why would you add such a form at the beginning of include, aesthetic reasons ?

Regards,

Raymond

PS: Dirty trick : use enhancement at end of previous include fv45pf0v_vbap-werks_ermitteln

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I just want to add a custom include with just some line of code. It is the right method to do it, but I just can't find my created enhancement implementation...

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

thanks for the answer.

There is already an existing enhancement implementation before the ENDFORM statement within form VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN.

I just would like to add a similar one at the beginning of form VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN or in the end...

But no matter where I try it (there are some line with an arrow, where I can add an enh. implementation), I can't find my implementation in the selection list.

What do I do wrong?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Can you please provide where exactly in which subroutine and include you want to add implcit stuff?

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Can you please provide where exactly in which subroutine and include you want to add implcit stuff?

Nabheet

0 Kudos

FV45PF0V_VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN

form routine VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I just tried the same..Once you see this arrow in screen shot--right click--enhancement-create implementation-> create button-->name and description and ok.. It will come in pop up..

Can you please try again..

Nabheet

0 Kudos

So you selected the line and, in the context menu, "Enhancement Implementation", "Create Implementation"

Did you select "code" or "data" type of Enhancement ?

Then the system displayed a list of enhancement already existing,

Did you choose one (in your customer namespace, not a standard of course, displaying the list til end ?) or did you click on create icon (so triggering display of a pop-up for general information and then for package) were any error raised ?

Regards,

Raymond

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Did you just scroll up and down in that pop up you will be able to see.

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

unfortunately I see all other implementations, but not my new one, eventhough I went explicit to SE80 and activated it.

In the popup to create a new enhancement implemenation I'm gonna asked for the following:

- Enhancement implementation name

- Short Text

- Composite enhancement implementation (optional)

I have entered the first two mandatory fields, but nothing in Composite enhancement implementation.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

just as a note:

In the list of enh. implementations to select, I can see, they all are bound to a "Software component" which I couldn't choose for my enh. implemenation.

I just can't find it in the list shown on the screenshot.

Want to add it here:

Message was edited by: Michael Schmidt

Phillip_Morgan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

The include I have in my system is FV45PF0V_VBAP_WERKS_G_PRUEFEN.

Maybe a typing mistake?

Anyways, the options at your disposal are the same:

- when you do "show implicit enhancements" you will have at least three possibilities:

- beginning of form

- end of form

- end of include

When I created the implicit enhancement at end of form, the popup positioned itself on the new enhancement.

Maybe something wrong happened during creation. Why not delete then recreate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just deleted my created enhancement implemenation and did everything again.

Strangely it now appeared in the list! I still don't know, why the previous one remained hidden, whatever I tried...

Thank you for all your answers! Appreciate your help!

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally to add an enhancement, it is exactly as the steps you described above. Maybe you didn't save it correctly.

If you have saved it in a TR, you can check it there. Otherwise, re-create it.

Here are some screenshots to help you since you are new:

1. In the program, click on the Enhancement Icon:

2. Show implicit enhancements:

3. The arrows indicate where you can create enhancements:

4. Right-click and Create implementation

5. Choose the type of enhancement

5.png

6. Create a new enhancement by clicking the icon on bottom right.

7. Choose the line of the newly created enhancement.

8. Write the codes in the area below:

Sorry about the screenshots (in french). There are some issues with translation when logged in english in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screen 5: