Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Craeting Message Type in Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Will you please let me know how shall we create a message type, I know we can create it by giving name in WE31 transaction, but apart from this, shall we need to do any other things? Please let me know the complete procedure of creating Message Type.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

piyush_mathur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI KCR,

You can create message type by T Code WE81. After creating Message Type you have to link is with Basis type using T Code WE82.

I am having softcopy for EDI/Idoc Book by Arjun Nagpal. If you require mail me your id at <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>.

Regards,

Piyush

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Jan 22, 2008 5:43 PM

4 REPLIES 4

piyush_mathur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI KCR,

You can create message type by T Code WE81. After creating Message Type you have to link is with Basis type using T Code WE82.

I am having softcopy for EDI/Idoc Book by Arjun Nagpal. If you require mail me your id at <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>.

Regards,

Piyush

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Jan 22, 2008 5:43 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Piyus,

Can you pls email me the soft copy?

My email ID is tarasu.sundaram@gmail.com

Thanks

Sundar

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem in deleting Condition table.

Description:

Created a condition table with Development class $TMP which is local change, again it have to be transported to QA and Prod so its again changed to Z class and saved changes in Different CTS, Now the CTS failed to move to production.

To resolve this issue and continue testing, Created new Condition table and completed Testing.Now the problem is in Deleting Existing table it is not allowing to Change mode

If we open v/04 and enter Table number a pop up comes saying "Mixed objects with and without change recording". Please suggets how to Delete this table..

Note: Changes(Dev Class $TMP and Z Class) recorded in two different Transports

Your Help will me appreciated

Thank you,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Create Message Type

Go to transaction code WE81

Change the details from Display mode to Change mode

After selection, the system will give this message “The table is cross-client (see Help for further info)”. Press Enter

Click New Entries to create new Message Type

Fill details

Save it and go back..and link it to idoc type..

for all info go thru link,

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

thanks.

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Jan 22, 2008 5:44 PM