Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost element and cost center connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there table (apart from CSKB) which could be use to join values Cost Element (KSTAR) with Cost Center (KOSTL)?

I need get information which cost elements belond to given cost center.

Regards,

Joanna

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

There is no direct connection between this 2 fields. Just think about it, a cost center mostly means a department in a company, and a cost element means a type of the cost (like material purchasing, newspaper, learning cost, paper cost, etc...)

Almost every department can buy paper, newspaper, and so on...

So this 2 field meet each other only at the controlling postings: COBK and COEP tables.

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

I wonder if is there table which stores cost element which could be used by given cost centers. I mean that there is group of cost connected with IT department or account department. Probably IT dep. doesn't buy paper but is connected with type of costs which are not generated by account department.

Regards,

Joanna

former_member421481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joana,

Were you able to find the table you were looking for, that relates cost center and cost element? I am doing the same exercise and I am stuck.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nas

0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't find this table and I gave up this problem.

regards,

Joanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can refer to view COVP. Here you will get the Cost Elements. ( KSTAR). For deriving the Cost Centers - u ll have to refer to the Object numbers.

The line items which refer to Cost Centers will start with

KL

For example Object number - KLZ001RG000566 PPIM01.

here KL is the identifier.

Z001 - Controlling Area.

RG000566 - recpective Cost Center.

You can use FM - OBJECT_IDENTIFICATION_GET for deriving the Cost Center from this Object number.

You can refer to transaction KSB1 is shows the Cost Centerwise break up of the Cost Elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try table CSSK & CKHS.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Message was edited by:

Sriram Ponna