Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy smartforms from system box to other system box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Can you please help me on how to copy or migrate smartforms from system box to other system box?

I will copy a smartforms that will come from system box (HD7) then will be copied to S8D.

My problem is that in system box HD7,there's no download form.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The upload/download functionality was not available in 4.6 systems, and is not downward compatible so if your HD7 system is on this release you won't be able to use this.

In this case you will need to use the transport system to create a transport containing the form in your HD7 system and import this into S8D.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

CAn you please tell me the steps on how to create transport containing the form in your HD7 system and how to import this into S8D?

THanks so much.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming the HD7 and S8D systems are not part of the same transport landscape. You would need to make sure the smartform is assigned to a transport-relevant package (development class) and make a simple change to to form to force it into a transport (for example adding and removing a change to the title).

Once assigned to this transport you'll need to release it and copy the datafile and cofile to the other system landscape. Your basis team should be able to do this. Once in the new landscape the transport can be added to the S8D import queue and imported as a normal transport. Again, basis team will be the experts in this.

Regards,

Nick