Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control for pricing/invoice

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

please don't hate me for asking in this forum - I don't know which one is appropriate but I know here is where the experts are...

Tricky: In sales order creation, we exchange the system-calculated tax value, because in the interface we get the tax values from outside system. For rounding (and other) reasons they may differ from the calculated values.

This is done via userexit in pricing procedure and works fine.

In customizing of copy control (VTFA) for the respective Target billing type, Source sls doc. type and Item category, we already tried Pricing Type D and E. But when we create a billing for the order, calculation of taxes is carried out again.

Any good idea how to suppress pricing calculation os welcome! Or is it just simple cutomizing??

Thanks in advance,

C.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure your configuration is correct? Here is what the documentation says about 'D' and 'E' and fits exactly to your requirement.

<i>D: Copy pricing elements unchanged. The system

copies the pricing elements unchanged with automatically determined or manually entered surcharges and discounts from the reference document (scales are not read again). This means that the value remains unchanged even if the billing quantity is different to the order quantity

<b>does not redetermine the taxes</b>

E Copy pricing elements and values unchanged. The system

copies the pricing elements and values and automatically determined or manually entered surcharges and discounts from the reference document without changing them (scales are not read again). This means that the value remains unchanged even if the billing quantity is different to the order quantity.

<b>does not redetermine the taxes</b></i>

Check if your document types and item categories are correctly identified.

Also check if your billing document is created referring to a delivery document, not a sales order. In that case, this setting should be done in the 'Copying control: Delivery document to billing document' activity.

If nothing works, may be you can try using the copying requirements to control the taxes.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Taxes are always calculated on the service rendered date, so they get re-calculated.

I think instead of a copy routine you should try using some formula routine in your Billing pricing procedure .

Regards

Kalpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clemens, could you please share your final findings so that others will benefit?

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

there is an OSS note (24832) explaining the pricing types in detail. Our first try with 'E' did not look good for whatever reason. Now after transporting to QA it seems to work. We will know tomorrow after severe integration test of the whole interface - more news possible then.

C.