Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting information into error in message class

former_member211992
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear all,

i have to convert message class 860(iw) into the type error , now when i creating service order (iw31) ,in the componenets tab we have to give batch type , if we havent give any batch , now it showing as a information i need to convert this as a error type . i have used oba5 but it asking me application area . so i have serached all PAI modules in SAPLCOIH , but i cannot find the include where this message placed ,.Please help me with this

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The message is triggering from Include program LCOMKF8P Line number 99. Please put break point there and check whether its triggering from there only.

Thanks

Chandra

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The message is triggering from Include program LCOMKF8P Line number 99. Please put break point there and check whether its triggering from there only.

Thanks

Chandra

0 Kudos

Thanks charndra its working , il line no 87

former_member585060
Active Contributor

Hi,

You need to configure it from SPRO transaction, just follow the below path :-                                                                                                                      

Transaction SPRO                                                                                                                                                                                                              Click on SAP IMG Refrence                                                                                                                                                                                               SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Maintenance and Service Orders > Message Control

There for IW 860 message, the Category will 'W' set it to 'E'.

Please see the attached image

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

thanks bala ,,i have done that in the include ,,in SPRO message type is 'W' but in the include they have mentioned the meesage id with type ..what is the reason to mention message with type in the include because already in the SPRO that has been defined with type.

MESSAGE ID MSG_CLS TYPE 'I' NUMBER MSG_NR  , in that  i have chenged  type 'E' but in SPRO type is still  'w' . which one will be considered when creating sale order

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this SAP note '576650'.

Thanks & regards

Bala Krishna