Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controll not stoping when i kept break-point in user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

In MB01 transaction we impemented the user exit .now i want to do some changes in it. so, i want stop the program control when it comes to user exit .i kept the break point in user exit and i tried by writting the break-point also. even though control not stoping in user exit . plz tell me any other way to stop the control in user exit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either your exit isn't called, or, from inside the debugger, you need to set the option "update debugging".

There's a very very small possibility that the program is a system program, in which case you need "system debugging" also.

Alternatively, the exit isn't running.

matt

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes (and it varies depending on what the SAP standard code is actually doing) you have to set a breakpoint higher up the call stack in the program code, then F5 step into the call and continue execution before your actual break-point statement will hit. Haven't got any examples offhand though sorry.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either your exit isn't called, or, from inside the debugger, you need to set the option "update debugging".

There's a very very small possibility that the program is a system program, in which case you need "system debugging" also.

Alternatively, the exit isn't running.

matt