Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Procedure in HANA

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From one of the SCN documents I tried calling procedure in HANA.

But I am getting dump.Insufficient privileges. I followed link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3584310 steps but i am not able to perform the same and got below error. Will this be done by security people only means admin rights are required?

BR

Sumeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

And i can also see same is added to  SYSTEM ID also. i dont know why its giving the same dump insufficient privilege.

14 REPLIES 14

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share us what exactly you are trying to do. Are you trying o call a procedure from another procedure ?

Sree

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing one simple exercise i.e. calling HANA stored procedure in ABAP by Database Procedure Proxy in the ABAP Dictionary. When I executed the report it throws a dump saying 'Insufficient privilege Authorization issue while calling a procedure.

Then I searched scn and got above solution in thread and for that I need to add one object in object privileges as 'GET_OBJECT_VERSION" for my user ID for which i am getting error 'feature not supported: grantor and grantee are identical '.

BR

Sumeet

0 Kudos

Okie... So you are calling a procedure which you already defined in your HANA system using procedure proxy.

You may be missing execute privilege on the procedure. Add this privilege to the database user from which the abap to DB connectivity is made. ( SAP<SID> generally ).

Sree

0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

SAp ( <SID>) means my SAP ID by which I am logging to HANA in modeler?

And that can be given by admin only? Since I am not able to do the same.

BR

Sumeet

0 Kudos

No. When you call a procedure from ABAP, it will log in to the HANA DB with a user ID. Suppose your ABAP system ID is C80, then user would be SAPC80. You need to log in to any administrative user to HANA DB and then assign execute privilege to SAPC80.

Sree

christian_seitel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, you would need to log on to your HANA System as user SYSTEM (when applying the solution mentioned in )

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,
I think (guessing from your screenshot which shows the DB user maintainance for user SYSTEM) you tried to grant the authorizations to the database user "SYSTEM". Please try again but for the SAP<SID> user (SID = ABAP System ID, which you can find in you SAP GUI when you open "System > Status").

Cheers,

Jasmin

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added object 'GET_OBJECT_VERSION' for my ABAP ID ( ID by which I have login to ABAP HANA) but still I am getting the same dump.

BR

Sumeet

0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,
assuming you are calling the DB Procedure Proxy in an ABAP program and you are using the standard database connection (without your username BEST but with the SAP<SID> user), you have to provide the authorizations & priviledges to the SAP<SID> user, it won't work by only providing it to your ABAP ID user.
Cheers,

Jasmin

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

And i can also see same is added to  SYSTEM ID also. i dont know why its giving the same dump insufficient privilege.

0 Kudos

The relevant user is "SAP<SID>", which is also returned by ABAP function module 'DB_DBUSER'

(in your case according to the screenshots it is probably "SAPHDB")

0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the ID returned when I run your FM mentioned and added GET_OBJECT_VERSION but still problem exists.

BR

Sumeet

0 Kudos

What's the content of the stored procedure; for instance, if there is a select on a table to which the SAPABAP2 user has no access, you will get the error 'insufficient privileges'

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Done. I have just given access of table used in procedure to SAP<SID>.

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <"MYSCHEMA"> TO "SAP<SID>";

BR

Sumeet