Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compare programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Plz tell me if there is any tool available To compare programs before and after changes made in a easy to view manner on bulk level

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thomas8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the catch here is "bulk level". This is being asked occasionally (mass compare tool of dev objects, whether within the same or even across systems), and I haven't seen a completely satisfying solution yet.

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open your program in SE38.

Utilities --> Versions --> Version Management --> Select the 2 versions you want to compare and click the compare button or F8.

Thanks

Mani

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check transaction SE39

Thomas8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the catch here is "bulk level". This is being asked occasionally (mass compare tool of dev objects, whether within the same or even across systems), and I haven't seen a completely satisfying solution yet.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello,

By default, when you compare program versions for the first time (ECC 6.0), the layout appears in "column/parallel" plain style (I'm not sure if i make me understand well). You just see the program lines that changed, one above the other, (blue backgroung color for first version versus light blue background color for second version)

But, I changed the comparison options (Options button in the buttons bar) to "split editor" style. Now, I am not able to get back to the previous plain layout style (wich I think is better for some cases).

Where can it be changed back? (via menu?, another transaction?, etc) I am looking for that option on all menu's, user options, etc, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

José Gabriel.

Edited by: José Gabriel on Apr 16, 2010 12:31 PM

Edited by: José Gabriel on Apr 16, 2010 12:45 PM

0 Kudos

Finally I found it:

Utilities -> Versions -> List Display

Thanks anyway.

Regards.

0 Kudos

I profit of the occasion to answer to the original question (though ANSWERED) about "bulk level", as I don't see satisfying answers: it can be achieved using SREPO transaction (it gives the information what is different, but not what, that then needs to be done using individual comparison.

Former Member
0 Kudos

T.code :- SE39 also use compare diff.system

for example u modify some report in development server now compare with development server with production server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Mass comparison or if you like what you see in transaction SREPO, I suggest you take a look at the free apps in Salt (saltapps.com) especially the Matrix app - it allows you to compare whole SAP landscapes simultaneously, drill down and also analyze the new namespaces (without the long wait), it also provides the transport information and relative versions so that you can see why the difference is there and what to do to fix it.