Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit work in bapi_material_savedata

former_member211992
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

im using bapi bapi_material_Savedata to create material , this bapi has implicit commit work , so material gets created ,,but when i do roll back explicitly

system goes to previous status ...but i have read all forums said once commit work done we cannot rollback ...but in my case rollback is happening after implicit commit work...please clarify me

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you get "this bapi has implicit commit work"?

0 Kudos

im not doing commit work explicitly , but material gets created

0 Kudos

It doesn't mean that the implicit commit comes from the bapi itself. Usually, it happens because of implicit commit after the call to the bapi, for instance display of a screen, end of RFC session, and a few ABAP statements... (sometimes there are some custom implementations of user exits called during the BAPI which do explicit commit, unfortunately...) If you need a confirmation, just do a SQL trace to see where/when the commit took place.

0 Kudos

Yes but but how roll back happens ,,once commit work done inside the bapi ( due to exits or something)..because once i come out of bapi ,,i can see the material in MM03 and after roll back it does not exist in mm03

0 Kudos

Usually, it happens because of implicit commit after the call to the bapi, for instance display of a screen, end of RFC session, and a few ABAP statements... (sometimes there are some custom implementations of user exits called during the BAPI which do explicit commit, unfortunately...) If you need a confirmation, just do a SQL trace to see where/when the commit took place.