Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMBOBOX.OCX

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

for some reasons (sap r3 enterprise) we have build a DropDown-Box which is in a custom container, and we found the COMBOBOX.OCX file in sapgui/controls which could be used, but there is no abap default proxy implementation (ala alv etc.) so we decided to build our own one, it seems to work but does anyone have ideas

- what about in next releases

- will this ocx be always there

etc.etc. - or any other hints would be helpful.

kind regards,

oliver

4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with this topic, but this weblog might help you:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/01/using-net-windows-controls-in-the-abap-control-framework

Peter

0 Kudos

hi peter,

thanks for that cool hint

one question besied:

my ocs combobox class works fine except:

i have problems using events?

- what is the eventID of the click event... i don't have any ocx disassembly tool or whatever?

any hints are heavily welcome

kind regards,

oliver

0 Kudos

If you have VB , then you can check out the various properties, methods and events of this ocx.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The DropDown-Box object (in COMBOBOX.OCX) is also supported in SAP Web AS 6.40 (as part of SAP Netweaver). Since this kernel will be supplied for all mySAP components like ERP, CRM, SCM and others, it is very safe to assume that your specific implementaion will work on thise platforms without modification.

SAP will support this beyond 2009 (i believe up to 2015).

Hope this helps you.

b.t.w. Peter, nice hint, that weblog.

Regards,

Rob.