Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of container name in screen painter - problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have written a program to collect records from the database and display them in the ALV Grid using OOP Methods. I have created a screen for this and called it in my program. It is working but in the screen painter the name of the container control is in red color. Does it mean that there is something wrong with it? The program works perfectly all right. And also the 'Back', 'Cancel' and the 'Exit' buttons remain disabled in the toolbar in the final output window. If anybody could tell me how to make them enable then it would be great.

Thanks,

Pushpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have to create a PF-Status in your program and you can add Funct. Codes to them by yourself.

Hope this works

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have to create a PF-Status in your program and you can add Funct. Codes to them by yourself.

Hope this works

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi, I have set the pf-status in the PBO module but now I am getting a message that main100 is not found. Can anyone tell me what it means and apart from writing this statement what else do i need to do to make the 'exit', 'cancel' and 'back' buttons enabled?

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos

Now double click the "Main100", system will ask if you want to creat it, say yes. Give descriptin and click green check. Now click the icon next to "Function Keys", enter BACK into the space green arrow, EXIT into the yellow icon, and CANCEL into the red one. Save and activate. Now you need to handle these fcodes in your program. Make sure to put the name of the OK_CODE field in your screen, make it OK_CODE. So now you need a PAI.

MODULE USER_COMMAND_100.

case ok_code.
    when 'BACK' or 'EXIT' or 'CANCEL'.
        clear ok_code.
        set screen 0.
        leave screen .

endcase.

ENDMODULE.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There should be a name in the container field that is red, if there is, then I wouldn't think that it should be read, double click the control and see in the dialog box if there is anything showing read in the dialog, if so, then fill it.

The buttons are not enabled because you may not be setting the gui status. Make sure that you have create the gui status and are setting it in the PBO of the screen.

SET PF-STATUS '0100'.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the reply...now when I tried to change the DefLg and Height in the General attributes window of the element list then it is giving the errror 'Collision at atrget location. Operation not performed.' It is not allowing me to leave the screen and go too!!!

0 Kudos

Hi. Do you have any other elements on your screen? It sounds like you are trying to make the ALV container bigger than the allowable space for where it is on the page. Go to the layout of the screen to view the container location. If you need to make the container bigger but there isn't enough space, then go to the "Attributes" tab of your screen and increase the number of lines and columns in the "Mainten." line. Save that change and then go to the layout. You can click on your container and then drag one of the container lines to increase the size, while still viewing where anything else on the page might be located. I hope this helps.

- April King

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all very much for the helpful answeres. I have now solved my problem.