Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Inspector & ABAP UNIT Testclasses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all,

I am currently trying to implement automated checks using the code inspector. I especially want to see if all our developers use our naming conventions. Also, we use ABAP Unit tests. Unfortunately, the generated test classes are not compliant with our name conventions (And also these Test classes are not interesting to be checked).

Now, I receive many warnings, mostly from the Unit test implementations.

Now: Is there a way to exclude these local test classes from my object set?

Thanks for you help!

Best regards,

Martin Imme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiiii

please refer to following link..it will be helpful for working with code inspector.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/12659a90-0201-0010-c18b-9d014f9b...

regards

twinkal

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi go to slin tcode and give the program name and choose standatd checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 8, 2008 9:56 PM

0 Kudos

Eshwar,

This is your final warning. Read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement].

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiiii

please refer to following link..it will be helpful for working with code inspector.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/12659a90-0201-0010-c18b-9d014f9b...

regards

twinkal

0 Kudos

Hallo Tinkwal,

thanks for the help. I read this document and found that I can exclude certain objects from my object set. I tried to do this by chosing selecting ABAP_UNIT_TESTCLASS class in the list "Class / Interface" on the "Object-Selection"-Tab on the screen where you define the object sets.

Unfortunately, local classes don't seem to be recognized as 'real' classes so this rule dows not work.

Is it possible to generally exclude local class implementations from being checked?

Thanks again,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

the latest versions of the Code Inspector should contain an 'Extended Naming Conventions Check'. This new CI check plug-in allows to set up technical hungarian naming conventions. Its fine granular enough to differ between local and global classes.

By the way ABAP Unit does not impose certain naming schemes, so you can use whatever name you find suitable.

Kind Regards

Klaus

0 Kudos

Other language NUnit test frameworks similar to ABAP Unit (AUnit) commonly have project extensions for storing test results. These are useful for the unit level regression (did a new change break any existing functions). History of test results, help narrow down the nature of a current failure by answering the question of 'When did this break?' or when did it last pass? In systems dependent upon outside components the history can provide a pattern for occasional failures due to factors outside the system under test.

I see that ABAP unit test results can be added into the Code Inspector under the Check Variant.

1. Is it common or recomended to use the Code Inspector (SCI) to store AUnit test results?

2. Is it common or recomended to use Code Inspector Object variants to collect individual AUnit tests for a regresssion style 'TestSuite'?

3. What reporting or tools exists for Code Inspector history?

4. Is Application Logging the better spot for AUnit results history?

(also posted on the wiki.. apologies - I'm new to the forum and wiki)

Will Loew-Blosser

0 Kudos

Hello Will,

the code inspector is the only environment available to store ABAP Unit results currently. So for the requirement to have a history it seems to be the only option. But as Code Inspector has no support to deal with long term defect tracking it will not be a perfect fit.

Best Regards

Klaus