Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing values out of the screen. --- URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am adding a subscreen with a new field in MM01 via configuration. The new field is append to MARC structure. Now When create a material I am able to see my new field and able to enter the value. But this value is getting cleared when I come out of my custom screen. Meaning I am able to see my value only in my custom screen. So my value is not INSERTED in MARC table. As screen is added to the standard transaction insertion will be done by standard program.

As this new field is appended to the MARC table it will be global declared in the standard program. So I am not getting what have to be done.

Can anybody let me know about this?

Br,

Laxmi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Inserting into MARC check whether you are 'committing it or not'.

Commit work.

Rollback work.

Thanks,

Deepak.

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am not inserting into MARC table, I am just entering value into the screen and when SAVE is clicked in MM01 transaction, my value should also get inserted which is not happening because the value which i entered in the custom screen is not retained when it comes out of the custom screen and the insertion will be done after processing off all the screens.

Br,

Laxmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is that you have generated the screen to place the field in the standard screen, but where did you write the code to make the value get saved in some table. So first thing you have to do is write the PBO and PAI madules for that particulat field. With out saving in that particular table or Custom table it is not possible to retain the value. Kindly get back to me in case of any queries.

0 Kudos

Hi Satyesh,

As said my new field is added to standard table MARC not to the custom one. If it is custom one then we need to write the logic insert entries in that. As it is a standard one and standard program will take care of it.

Any how my problem is solved . No need of writing any logic neither in the PAI nor in PBO. There was a small mistake done by me.

Br,

Laxmi.