Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Won't Activate But Methods Are Active

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem in our production system where a new method has been transported to production but when trying to activate the class I get an error saying "Method <methodname> does not exist"

The confusing thing is that this method DOES exist but somehow somewhere there is some kind of reference missing.

The BSP application based on this class works fine. All the methods are active and get called, yet the class itself won't activate.

I have seen this problem once before in a report program and the solution was to re-write the report not using OO-ABAP.

However our current problem is this is a BSP appplication and we not only cannot do that but simply there is 2 years development in this.

Can anyone offer any suggestions ?

Many Thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't know the reason for this bad situation.

Have you take a look in the protocol of the transport?

Is the transport finished without any errors?

Contains the transport the whole class or only a part of it? May be that transport was not complete.

So you could create a new transport that contains the whole class in the transaction SE80 and transport it again to the productive system.

When the problem still exits, you could open a call in the service market place.

Perhaps SAP will then take a look on your system and find the reason.

Good luck,

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't know the reason for this bad situation.

Have you take a look in the protocol of the transport?

Is the transport finished without any errors?

Contains the transport the whole class or only a part of it? May be that transport was not complete.

So you could create a new transport that contains the whole class in the transaction SE80 and transport it again to the productive system.

When the problem still exits, you could open a call in the service market place.

Perhaps SAP will then take a look on your system and find the reason.

Good luck,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried transporting the whole CLASS ? You can do that by manually creating a transport of copies and include object R3TR CLAS Z_MYCLASS.

Cheers,

Sanjeev