Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class ID of Simple Tree Control Changing with screen change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have built a Simple Tree Control with various nodes. In the "Class Implementation" of Events Receiver, the method for "node_double_click" has been coded in such a way that when the user double clicks on one node, it opens a new report (output a program submitted: "Submit ProgramName"). At the moment,

the object of Simple tree has class ID

Once the user comes back after looking at report and double clicks on the node, nothing happens because the class ID of Simple Tree changes to

Why is the class reference of Simple tree changes all the time? Is there a way to keep it constant?

Regards,

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abishek

If the class changes its instance ID then you apparently create the simple tree again after returning from the external program (SUBMIT report) which is unnecessary.

And if the tree does not react anymore on your double-clicks means that their is no handler anymore registered for the double-click event or you have forgotten to register the event at the tree instance.

Regards,

Uwe

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Run transaction DWDM.

cheers,

Hema.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abishek

If the class changes its instance ID then you apparently create the simple tree again after returning from the external program (SUBMIT report) which is unnecessary.

And if the tree does not react anymore on your double-clicks means that their is no handler anymore registered for the double-click event or you have forgotten to register the event at the tree instance.

Regards,

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

I think I am freeing the simple tree object. That is the reason it is creating the object again with a new ID.

Handler is not an issue as it is reacting to double click event on the first attempt.

The code which is failing is

if sender <> obj_simple_tree.

exit.

endif.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanx Man DWDM is Really Good