Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class CL_HRPAYCA missing after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After upgrading to EHP7, while running PC00_M07_CCYR - Processing Year-end Reporting 07 resulted in short dump. In program  RPCYERK0, standard class cl_hrpayca_format_string does not exist which has resulted in the error.

Looks like standard class got deleted during the upgrade. Is it due to missing patches by BASIS while upgrading the system. I havent come across this situation during upgrades before.

There's an SAP note 2274111 but SNOTE displayes this as cannot be implemented.

Please help!

Thank you

Vk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be that Basis missed a patch, it could be that the SPAU step was messed up. If you can't figure it out, raise a message with SAP.

22 REPLIES 22

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be that Basis missed a patch, it could be that the SPAU step was messed up. If you can't figure it out, raise a message with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for your response.

If someone mess up SPAU, is there a chance that standard class might get deleted from the system?

Cheers!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very unlikely. SPAU only flags up repaired objects and asks whether you want to keep the repair (perhaps with amendments) or revert to SAP standard.

Does RPCYERK0 have a syntax error when you check through SE38? If not, look at ST22 to find in the dump exactly where the error is detected. From that you should be able to find the object with the syntax error.

Once you've got the object with the syntax error, if it is a SAP standard object, then it was probably repaired at sometime and during SPAU the repair has been kept, instead of reverting to SAP standard - to fix go to version management and recover the standard version created during the import.

If it's not a SAP standard object - perhaps it's a user exit or suchlike - then it's up to you to fix the object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathew-

Correction instruction 1983887 of SAP Note 2274111 talks about manual steps and there is a mention of this class and its method- But the status of this note is "Cannot be implemented"

How can we regenarte this program?

Thank you again for your help. Very much appreciated

Vk

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a note can't be implemented it means either the note doesn't apply, or it contains only manual steps (in which case read it and do what it says - if and only if the note is for your release and support pack).

I think you missed my edit:

Does RPCYERK0 have a syntax error when you check through SE38? If not, look at ST22 to find in the dump exactly where the error is detected. From that you should be able to find the object with the syntax error.

Once you've got the object with the syntax error, if it is a SAP standard object, then it was probably repaired at sometime and during SPAU the repair has been kept, instead of reverting to SAP standard - to fix go to version management and recover the standard version created during the import.

If it's not a SAP standard object - perhaps it's a user exit or suchlike - then it's up to you to fix the object.

0 Kudos

You could try to reset the implementation of the note, and then implement it (again?)

But first look for current status of class/activation.error with SE24 and in SPAU, amlso is there a log for the note in SNOTE?

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Tried note reset but get the message as "No correction instructions implemented"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST22 points to the the class CL_HRPAYCA_FORMAT_STRING as unknown. It does not exist in se24.

Inorder to retrieve the earlier version, I would need access key now.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You do not want to recover CL_HRPAYCA_FORMAT_STRING! It is no longer part of your release. It has been deleted deliberately by SAP as part of the upgrade!

Why are you not answering my questions? I'm actually trying to help you and it is very frustrating when you seem to ignore what I've written. Please read what I've written carefully and go through it step by step.

Question 1.

Does RPCYERK0 have a syntax error when you check through SE38?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note is probably not relevant to your system, and so cannot and should not be applied. You must follow the analysis I've given you above. Stop guessing at things and just trying at random and try to understand what is going on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I am following ur steps.

Yes, there's a syntax error in the program

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great - now, what does the version management of RPCYERK0 show? A screen shot would be very helpful at this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare active with version 00003. It's the change made to 00003 that has caused the error. My best guess at a solution is

1. Find out what customer changes were made to the standard in the previous version

2. Recover version 00003

3. Reapply those customer initiated changes.

If you can't do that, you just have to option 2, and hope no functionality has been lost.

The cause of your errors is that the person who did SPAU during the upgrade didn't do it properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matthew for your prompt responses! Truly apprciate all your inputs.

There seems to be no code changes in the versions (003, 002 and 001).

Also, even the previous version have the same class being used (I cross checked the prgm in quality system which has not been upgraded yet), so loading the previuos version will not be of much help, per me, as it wont bring back the class.

What looks to have happened with this upgrade is : Class got deleted, but the program using this class has not been repaired (alternate code avoiding the class)

Regards,

Vk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raymond, there's a log for the snote

Note : 2274111

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek Viswanathan wrote:

What looks to have happened with this upgrade is : Class got deleted, but the program using this class has not been repaired (alternate code avoiding the class)

Regards,

Vk

I agree. I think you now need to take it up with SAP support.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to System->Status. Click on the button underneath "Product version - See Details".

Look at component SAP_HRCCA. If your release is not 600, 604 or 608, then the note isn't applicable.

If it is, then check the support pack level (SP level). If it is not in the following ranges:

• 600: B5 to D1
  • 604: 81 to 97
  • 608: 09 to 25

The note is not applicable.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did some more analysis. Try this.

1. As you did for RPCYERK0, do the same for class RPCYERK0_CL_PROCESS_ENGINE in SE38. I.e. look for the version against transport SAPKE604A0, compare against active.
  2. Also, check that RPCYERK0_CL_PROCESS_ENGINE is included in RPCYERK0.
  3. Also, find exactly what line contains the syntax error and which include of RCPYERK0 it is in. Please tell me wheether you find the syntax error in RPCYERK0_CL_PROCESS_ENGINE or not.

Please do all of them and let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mathew for your help!

Cheers

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So - what was the final outcome? Perhaps if you share what the resolution was it will help someone with a similar issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Couldn't find a solution yet. Have raised issue with SAP and they are looking into it