Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL30N wild cards?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of wild cards can you use in CL30N apart from * ?

I have some material numbers where the value is blank and I want to search those material numbers out, so I can add a value.

It is easy to search in CL30N, when there is a value, but what do you do, when the field is blank?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following special characters can be used as wild cards within the string:

• an unspecified number of characters or no character

+ An individual character.

_ You have six lines for variants that you can set as AND links or OR links.

_ If you know character strings that do not occur in the description of the document you are

looking for, you can enter them in the last three text lines (BUT NOT). Document info

records that contain these negative search criteria do not appear in the search result.

The class data remain even when you repeat a search. You can recognize text

elements by their tab page. The title Texts is indicated by the character (*).

Regards

kk

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following special characters can be used as wild cards within the string:

• an unspecified number of characters or no character

+ An individual character.

_ You have six lines for variants that you can set as AND links or OR links.

_ If you know character strings that do not occur in the description of the document you are

looking for, you can enter them in the last three text lines (BUT NOT). Document info

records that contain these negative search criteria do not appear in the search result.

The class data remain even when you repeat a search. You can recognize text

elements by their tab page. The title Texts is indicated by the character (*).

Regards

kk

0 Kudos

Hi

That was somewhat helpful. But it didn't help me. My problem is this:

For at certain materialnumber there are many values. In my case, the value pallet note needs to have a value or else a pallet note cannot be printed. Almost every materialnumber have this value, but not all - some are blank.

So basically I'm searching for: "value for field pallet note: blank".

I have tried * * and also just * without any result.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using forms you can use conditions like pallet note not EQ SPACE you can do display to the particular field.

Regards

kk

0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually, the objects that have no value assigned to the characteristic are not part of the search result but, if you select

Objs with chars but no values

in the User settings - Find object tab, then also objects that have no assigned values are displayed.

Hope this could be of some help.

Bye,

Flavio

0 Kudos

I think we are on to something here. I checked the box objs with chars but no values but how do I search in the value fields? Do I use *, * * or SC* (our values could begin with SC)?

I tried to just search after * - that caused a ABAP runtime error!

0 Kudos

Hi Sorenrode,

Very likely you have lots of material numbers, and that leads CL30N to timeout.

Just try limiting the search to a subset of material numbers. If you have a material number reference characteristic, then you can add it in the search going to 'Extras' - 'Additional reference characteristics'. Here, select the material number characteristic. It will appear at the end of the characteristics list. Within it, try to restrict the material numbers to search, this allowing CL30N to run without timing-out.

I believe you don't need any wildcard in the characteristic for which you need to get the blank values (pallet note): you will simply get, for the selected material numbers, the characteristic with both blank and filled-in values.

Hope this could help.

Bye,

Flavio