Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check table..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a table with a field. It has been specified in the spec that it must have a check table against T615. What does that mean ? Also the spec states that this field must be based on values in 2 other fields..

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check table

For example you have Employee master table & Employee Transaction table.

When ever an employee Transacts we need to check whether that employee exists , so we can refer to the employee master table.

This is nothing but a Parent & Child relationship . Here data can be maintained at client level , no development involved.

As per DBMS what we call foregin key table, is called as check table in SAP.

There is 1 more important Difference in Value Table and Check Table is that:

1. The contents of the check will be used as an input help(F4 Help) for a particular field on which a check table is assigned.

But the contents of Value Table are never used in Input Help.

The Heirarchy which decides from where to used the Input Help is:

1. Input help defined explicitly in ABAP Program or Dialog Module.

2. Input Help Attached to the referenced Database Table field.

3. Using the contents of Check Table as an input help if neither (1) or (2) help are there.

4. Input help from Fixed value or Value range given in Domain.

Regards,

Anirban

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SE11, place the cursor on the field for which you want the check table attached.

Select the icon like a key.

Give the table name in the field check table. SAP will automatically propose the key combinations.

Save & Activate the table.

Regards,

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that the country key that you enter in your table must be checked to ensure that there is a corresponding entry in table T615. You have to set the foreign key relationship for the data element.

The second question likely means that when the other field is updated, the update program should validate agains two fileds in some table.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob. Could u please help me a bit more with this ?

The field is ZOLLA in my custom table. So I select that and click on the foreign key icon. I am taken to a screen where following columns are listed.

check table, check table field, for.key table , foreign key field, generic and constant.

there r 3 entries, for mandt, land1 and zolla fields. 3rd and 4th column r empty for LAND1. what should i inpu there ?

what about the other options ?? screen check, semantic attributes ? pl let me know what options to select ?

thks

0 Kudos

hi check this in this foreign key is explanined with the screen shots..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check table

For example you have Employee master table & Employee Transaction table.

When ever an employee Transacts we need to check whether that employee exists , so we can refer to the employee master table.

This is nothing but a Parent & Child relationship . Here data can be maintained at client level , no development involved.

As per DBMS what we call foregin key table, is called as check table in SAP.

There is 1 more important Difference in Value Table and Check Table is that:

1. The contents of the check will be used as an input help(F4 Help) for a particular field on which a check table is assigned.

But the contents of Value Table are never used in Input Help.

The Heirarchy which decides from where to used the Input Help is:

1. Input help defined explicitly in ABAP Program or Dialog Module.

2. Input Help Attached to the referenced Database Table field.

3. Using the contents of Check Table as an input help if neither (1) or (2) help are there.

4. Input help from Fixed value or Value range given in Domain.

Regards,

Anirban