Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Lock Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have run two programs simultaneously updating same table.I want to chaek whether there is any lock that has occured.I have no authorization for SM12.Is there any table or other transaction to check whether the table is locked.

5 REPLIES 5

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

The programs should set lock entries before making a change and releasing the lock immediately afterwards. When this is the case, you could see locks in SM12, but more for information purpose - because the programs are doing well on their own.

If one (or both) programs don't use locks, then you won't see anything in SM12 and you might get a mess in the database - depends on the actual changes.

(IMHO) Locks aren't stored in a table, it's more organized like a global memory -> that's faster and locks don't need to be stored for a long time anyway.

Transaction would be SM12 - and anyway, any other transaction would check the same authority object...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should check the lock by own function.

Every lock object has a function for locking and one for unlocking.

Those functions have a name begining with ENQUEUE (or DEQUEUE).

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you don't have the Authorization for the SM12 transaction . Then you can use Functional Module <b>'ENQUE_READ'</b> to see all the locks and also locks specific to the users

Thanks

Deepak Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE38 and run the report RSENQRR2. You will be able to view the lock entries.

-Kiran

*Please reward useful answers

0 Kudos

FM 'ENQUE_READ' will return the list of locked entries. It is equal to sm12.

Regds

Manohar