Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Char.Values are deleted in VA42

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings Everyone,

We are creating Contract through IDOC. Contract creating is done by BAPI BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA and technical objects(Equipments) are added by call transaction VA42.

When creating, BAPI creates the contract without any issues and adds all char. values, but when the BDC adds the equipments all the Char. values are deleted.

I stopped the IDOC processing using debugging once it created the contract and added the equipment manually but this time it didn't delete any Char. values. So only its happening through IDOC processing.

We upgraded the system from ECC 5.0 to 6.0 and it was working without any issues in ECC 5.0 and now its deleting all the Char. values.

Its happening for all cases, so no successful case after upgrade.

Kindly share some inputs.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to process the BDC in foreground and check what is happening. It seems like, all the values are being overwritten instead of passing only changed values.

Are you using any standard process or Zprogram for BDC?

Thanks,

Vinod

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried in foreground also, still it is deleting all the Char.Values and i am using standard tcode VA42.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this BDC standard one or coded in some exit? Can you tell us the program where this BDC is being called?

Thanks,

Vinod.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the BDC you are using to do a Call Transaction a custom development or enhancement?

If this is the case then it is likely not working because the screen may have changed with the upgrade. In this case you will have to re-record your BDC and change your program accordingly.

Does that help?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a new recording in SHDB and tried it, in this case its not happening because its not executing the same programs as like in IDOC processing.

In the debugging i could find different set of standard programs are being executed in case of IDOC processing.

Manually and also in SHDB its calling different programs.

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have an interface from where the IDOC are coming, those IDOCs will create contract in SAP using Z code with BAPI for creation and BDC for adding technical objects.

BDC is custom coded.

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you have to analyze the BDC coding to update characteristics. There might be something wrong in this logic.

Thanks,

Vinod.

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

BDC has no logic to add/delete characteristics in the contract, it just adds equipment for the each item. After adding the equipment, the char. values are getting deleted automatically when saving the contract.

Regards,

Ajith.