Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sales order Status (Z-Status Profile) without manual intervention

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Z-Status Profile created for Sales Order. There are about 6 statuses in this profile. An enhancement requires change of particularly two statuses only by the user exit after certain calcualtions and not manually by any user in any case.

Can anyone suggest a way to handle this case? If authorization object should be created then based on which fields should this authorization object be created? If not, this there any other way to handle this.

Thanks,

Sophia Xavier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sophia,

We do this sort of thing sometimes in PM/CS Orders.

We utilise a user-exit at save (try USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT) and call function module STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN.

PeteA

[www.pjas.com]

2 REPLIES 2

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sophia,

We do this sort of thing sometimes in PM/CS Orders.

We utilise a user-exit at save (try USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT) and call function module STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN.

PeteA

[www.pjas.com]

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. The usage of the User Exit and the Function Module is quite clear. My question is how do we control the change of two statuses only by the User Exit without any manual intervention, i.e., no user should be able to change these two statuses manually,only the program should be able to do this..How do we handle this scenario?

Thanks,

Sophia Xavier