Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Field Description in MM01

ashok_kumar24
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Our Client has a requirment to change the Description of a field in MM01(Material Master). Can anyone tell me ways to change the description of a field in a standard transaction MM01.

Thanks

AK

5 REPLIES 5

graghavendra_sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try use the BAPI

BAPI_MATERIAL_EDIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

What field description you want to change? If it is a standard field existing in MM01, then you cannot change. If it is a custom field added in MM01 transaction and you wish to change that field description, then it is possible.

Normally the standrad fields refer to the data elements attached in the transaction. We will not have authorization to change those fields. The values will come from the domain level.

Please let me know if this information serves your purpose.

Rewards points, if you got clarified.

Thanks,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can change the the standard fields descriptions using the transactions

SMOD

check the menus in smod

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the description of dataelement, but it will be effected in all screens where ever that field is there.

TC: CMOD->Goto->Text Enhancements->Keywords->Change.

Rewards points if helpful.

Regards,

srinivas Ch

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i have done the same thing ever,and you can do it through the following steps:

1.go to the SCREEN where you want to modify the description,then choose SYSTEM-->STATUS,

then click Program (subscreen) SAPLMGD1,you will enter into the program editting environment.

2.choose GOTO--->translation,a message box will pop up and you need to input the language you are using,then you will go to a text list at last.

3.choose the description which you want to modify,then SAVE.

4.remember you have to get the OBJECT NAME,for example: R3TR RPT1 MGD1,then include the object in a new transport request using SE03.