Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changedocument_read

sastry_gunturi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am using this FM to verify changes in the entry sheet.

if there are changes occured then i have to move the f_old and f_new values to my internal table values. else f_old value...

But i see that f_old and f_new are both blank. How can i fix this...

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought, but it may be a change at the record lael, rather than the field level, such as an insert or delete?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is resolved?

Your old and new values can be blank in some cases where a record is inserted for the first time.

0 Kudos

I am able to use the FM properly, the object class is "ENTRYSHEET" and the object id is 'LBLNI"(Entry Sheet Number)...if there are any changes then i have to capture f_old and f_new and assign to my itab..else.. assign f_old to my itab....I see that call to FM was successful ..however F_OLD and F_NEW were blank...

Help me in solving this problem......

0 Kudos

i am not sure about the ENTRYSHEET object class. typically, the OBJECTID is the key field of the object, not a field name. You would typically use the CDHDR table (or a FM) to get a list of ENTRYSHEET changes, then put each one throught he READ FM, and LBLNI would be a field name from a table, not an object id.

sastry_gunturi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understood how to move new and old values.

however my source field is of char type 254 in length

the destination field is curr type 11 in length...

and i am getting short dump when moving the source field to destination field.