Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Pointers BDCP and BDCP2

Former Member

Hi Folks,

In our production system changes are getting logged into BDCP table and in all our test enviroments changes are getting logged into BDCP2 table. I read some posts on this issue and understand that there are two tables where we can differentiate whether changes can be logged into BDCP or BDCP2.

In both production and test enviroments, entries are same in TBDA2 and TBDME tables as follows.

TBDA2-MESTYP = 'DEBMAS'

TBDA2-ACTIVE = 'X'

TBDA2-BDCP2_ACT = ' '

TBDME-REDUCIBLE = 'X'

TBDME-BDCP2 SUP = ' '

As per this above configuration changes should get logged into BDCP/BDCPS. But it is not happening in test enviroments.

Is there anything to be considered other than this? Please help me out.

Thanks,

Shanthi.

7 REPLIES 7

alex_cook
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Howdy,

Does BDCP have data for any message type, or just not working for DEBMAS?

If there are no change pointers at all check transaction BD61 and Activate Change Pointers globally.

You may also want to check transaction BD52 and ensure the correct fields are configured to monitor for change pointers.

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

BDCP table does not have any data. It is not working for any message type. But the changes are getting logged into BDCP2.

I wonder where this configuration is made apart from tables TBDA2 and TBDME.

Regards,

Shanthi

alex_cook
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Howdy,

Sounds like you need to go to BD61 and activate then.

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

BD61 is to activate change pointers and it is activated in my system. But changes are getting logged into BDCP2 table instead of BDCP. My problem here is where do we differentiate that changes should get logged into BDCP or BDCP2.

Regards,

Shanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have applied EhP4 (NetWeaver Enhancement pack1 - SAP_BASIS 701), then change pointers will be stored in BDCP2. Please OSS Note 1165059. Have you applied EhP4 in your non-Production lanscapes?

Otherwise, you non-production systems have been migrated to BDCP2 using BD60 and Production continues with BDCP.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member

Hi,

Check the setting in transaction BD60 for your message type. See if the BDCP2 is enabled or not.

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos

Hey, thanks this was very useful. Too bad I can not give points for this cuz it solved my problem.

Regardsm

Marc

Edited by: Marc P. Gilomen on Nov 4, 2010 7:23 PM