Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of country currency format

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i have some questions.

now, i have a PO sub script form, where the quantity amount and Net price, are showing in different format for different country as what i want ( commer and dot).

how can i change it?

aside, is there away to make change of it under configuration portion (SPRO) which untouch on the ABAP part? how to do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben

Currencies for countries can be defined in transaction OY01.

Using the addition CURRENCY <curr> for the respective amount will print the amount in the convention that is defined.

Decimal places for currencies are defined by SAP and it is recommended not to change them.

Regards

Eswar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben

Currencies for countries can be defined in transaction OY01.

Using the addition CURRENCY <curr> for the respective amount will print the amount in the convention that is defined.

Decimal places for currencies are defined by SAP and it is recommended not to change them.

Regards

Eswar

0 Kudos

hi,

if i am not recommended to make the change in OY01, then how should i change it to display the correct format as per my country( Malaysia) for the PO?

0 Kudos

Defining Country and their details via transaction OY01 is not a problem.

I meant defining the decimal notation for countries is not recommended. This is done via IMG->General Settings->Currencies->Set Decimals for Currencies. Both are different.

For PO try using this way:

1. Each PO header has Company Code.

2. Each company code is defined with Country and Currency. Transaction: OX02

3. Make use of the currency from the company code definition to have correct Notation.

Regards

Eswar

0 Kudos

Even I have the same question on how to change the format of the price. In my case it is asking me to enter dollars and cents by seperating them with comma. I want to change it to accept a DOT (Period) instead of comma.

I used tr code SPRO and IMG, but couldn not find General Settings under that.

If you can please let me know where I am going wrong, I would appreciate it a lot.

Tks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Normally when we needs to print a Currency or Quantity fields, we have to take that currency or Qty field's reference, so that system will print that value as per the country from the table reference.

Example below:

Amount:

ITAB-REFUND_AMT DECIMALS 0 CURRENCY

ITAB-WAERS.

I hope My Answer is clear your doubt,

Please Reward if you feel really its helps you.

Thanks,

Murali.