Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Field Header Text of Table Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After succesfully creating Maintenance Screen for my Z table, I could maitain it in SM30/31. But the Header Text of the Table fields appearing in the maintenance screen are inherited from the domain from which it was declared. For example, I created a field named "MyBarcode" with type of "EAN11". In SM30/31 Screen the Header Text appears as "EAN/UPC".

How and where to change it?

Thanks,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

hi,

go to se80, display the function group of the table maintenance..

go to the screen(table maintenance) under the f.grp. go to layout of that screen, change the heading.

or u can use screen painter with the corresponding screen number and change the heading.

regards,

madhu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

hi,

go to se80, display the function group of the table maintenance..

go to the screen(table maintenance) under the f.grp. go to layout of that screen, change the heading.

or u can use screen painter with the corresponding screen number and change the heading.

regards,

madhu

0 Kudos

My problem is solved. Thanks to you all for your replies. Points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto table maintenance generator screen and follow the below path

Go to menu path ENVIRONMENT -> MODIFICATION -> MAINTAINANCE SCREENS then click on screen number it will take you to screen painter of that screen goto change mode then click on layout mode then double click on field text which you want to change, then change the text there. Save it and activate it.

Rgds,

Bujji

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Description is picked from the DATA ELEMENT "Field Label".

If you are using a standard data element and you want a different text to be displayed in the header of your table, then you can create a CUSTOM DATA ELEMENT and assign the same DOMAIN to this data element ( Same domain as that of the standard Data element) . Change the description in "field label" as per your requirement.

Regenerate the table maintenance and check the results,

regards,

aj

0 Kudos

In your case , instead of DATA ELEMENT EAN11.

Create a data element ZEAN11 ( As per your namespace)

Use the domain EAN11 in your data element (Include other info, if required like parameter id).

Change the "field label" and change the data element in your table to ZEAN11