Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change AWKEY & AWTYP in BKPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've looked for ways to change fields AWKEY and AWTYP in document header.

I tried FB02 but these fields are gray. It means we cannot change by FB02.

I've looked for FM  BELEG_WRITE_DOCUMENT,  CHANGE_DOCUMENT, FI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE.

But it seems they do not work like I expect.

Is there anyway we could do it via coding?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gabmarian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want to do that?

AWTYP/AWKEY contains reference document information of the sender application and shouldn't be touched.

BR,

Gábor

7 REPLIES 7

former_member209119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do that with coding then you need to find suitable user exit wherein you can write up code to modify fields AWKEY and AWTYP.

If it is one time or rare situation then you can modify the standard table through debugging. But for that you need proper approvals and FFID.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Anamika,

Thanks for reply.

It's one of requirements I have now. I just want to sum up how many options I have here.

I think I have to update BKPF directly.

Thank you.

gabmarian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want to do that?

AWTYP/AWKEY contains reference document information of the sender application and shouldn't be touched.

BR,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

I don't want to do it since it may link to other tables. But this is one of requirements.

I don't have a choice that I have to touch BKPF directly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do have another option. Go to the person that gave you the requirements and tell him/her that what they want is very dangerous.

Or maybe you don't fully understand the requirements.

Rob

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+1 to Rob. Such updates are also usually frowned upon by audit, so just go back and explain this is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also bear in mind that AWTYPE and AWKEY are used as JOIN conditions in more than one table. Changing the value in just BKPF might cause further problems.

Rob