Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry out repairs in non-original....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to update a few programs that are z programs but I get the follow message each time I go into edit mode:

'Carry out repairs in non-original systems only if they are urgent'.

Is there a way for me to get rid of this message? I can't figure out how to update these programs.

Regards,

Davis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Davis,

Once you get this popup just click ok. in the next screen the program will be changed to change mode.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing this in your development system?

Rob

0 Kudos

I'm doing it in Sandbox right now. I'm just trying to get familiar with the programs first and I like to do that in Sandbox so I don't mess anything up. Do you think that is the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To avoid this remove the Modification assisatnce in the Utilities Menu.

Vasanth

0 Kudos

I don't see an Modification Assistance option in the Utilities Menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Davis,

Once you get this popup just click ok. in the next screen the program will be changed to change mode.

thanks

0 Kudos

It is in change mode but I can't make any changes. I have to click the button that says INSERT and that inserts the following code:

[code]*{ INSERT &$&$&$&$ 1

*} INSERT[/code]

So each time I need to insert code I would have to click on this button which doesn't seem right to me.

Regards,

Aaron

0 Kudos

hi goto SE38 in change mode

U will get the message- " Carry out repairs in non-original ",

then goto Edit in the Menu and then Modification Operations -> Switch off Assistant

award points if found helpful

0 Kudos

Thanks a million! That did the trick!

Regards,

Davis