Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a background job running that I want to cancel. I went to SM50 and Canceled With Core. I then went into sm37 and the job was still there running. So, I selected it and selected Cancel. Now, I get a message: "Job is not active - cancellation not possible." If I try to delete the job I get a message: "Job is active. The selected function cannot be performed." The job is still running with an active status in sm37. Does anyone know how to kill it?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I assume that it is NOT running in SM50, but showing as still active in SM37, right?

In SM37, check the checkbox next to the job in question, in the menu, click job, check status. This will sync it up. Now you should be able to delete.

Regards,

Rich HEilman

9 REPLIES 9

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I assume that it is NOT running in SM50, but showing as still active in SM37, right?

In SM37, check the checkbox next to the job in question, in the menu, click job, check status. This will sync it up. Now you should be able to delete.

Regards,

Rich HEilman

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rich. By the way, A few weeks back you answered my question regarding BC401. My co-worker and I attended the course and it was indeed a good class. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also faced the same problem today and I have used your advice.

Thanks a lot. It solved my problem.

Kind regards,

Linda Verding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jason,

check with <b>sm36</b>.

regards,

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

use this FM "BP_DELETE_JOB_STEP"

Regards

sirish

0 Kudos

Jason, this has happend to us in the past, that's why I knew what to do.

Glad that the BC401 was good for you!!!

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

This is common, in SM 37 select Job „³ check status it will change the status to cancelled

0 Kudos

Hi Rich

I have the same problem - in my case is just that my job is active in both SM 37 and SM50 and I cannot kill it .

Please Advise

Donnie

0 Kudos

Ask basis person to kill the job directly.