Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the font in the email that is being sent from SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where in we need to change the font for the contents in the mail being generated from SAP.

I am using the FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 to send my mail.And the contents are just appened to an internal table as text elements.

Can we change the font in the email that is being sent from SAP to Arial 10points?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

E-mails generated with that function module are created in plain text format. The font that would appear when reading the e-mail would be dependt on the user's setting for the e-mail application (e.g. Outlook).

To my knowledge, the font cannot be affected during it's creation.

Hope this sheds some light on your issue.

-Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,is it possible to make some part of the mail as hyperlink.eg:if my mial contains a web page or an email id..in outlook it would become hyperlink text automatically..what if its some other mail system..?

any pointers on this would be highly appreciated.

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to have different font, then create the email content using a smartform, generate a spool & create PDF or HTML from the same.

Best regards,

Prashant