Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling GUI_DOWNLOAD Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would like to store my internal table into my local disk , there are two functions GUI_DOWNLOAD and WS_DOWNLOAD.

how do i call these functions.

if i want to specify the file name in my selection screen what should be the data type of the file name.

when i call the function GUI_DOWNLOAD , there is an error saying mismatch of datatype of filename.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The function GUI_DOWNLOAD expects filename parameter as

STRING datatype.So declare a local variable of type string.Assign the parameter for filename got from selection screen to the local variable.use local variable

in the function.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

You can call that functions from from "PATTERN' or, by CTRL+F6.If you want to specify the perticular filename you can declare like this --> data : path(30) type c.

The error for the GUI_DOWNLOAD function is coming for the mismatch of the path type you have declared in your coding.

Enjoy ABAP.

Regards.

Rajarshi.

0 Kudos

Dear Rajarshi,

I gave the file name as a paramater with type c length 30 , but it is still showing the same error

The message is given below --

'The function Module interface allows you to specify only fields of a particular type under"FILENAME". The field PATH specified here has a different field type'

Please do suggest some solution.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The function GUI_DOWNLOAD expects filename parameter as

STRING datatype.So declare a local variable of type string.Assign the parameter for filename got from selection screen to the local variable.use local variable

in the function.

0 Kudos

Dear Jayaprakash ,

Thank you for the solution , it is working fine.

Regrads

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Would you like to assign points to posts helped you to solve your problem? You can reward points by pressing the yellow star icon at the header of each post.

You can assign;

- one 10 points (solved)

- two 6 points (very helpful answer)

- many 2 points (helpful answer)

Regards...

*--Serdar