Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling another smartform from a smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

Is there any way i can call another smartform from a smartform?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure.

either in print program of first smartform, or in initialisation of smartform call the FM of your second smartform. Just make sure the data you need for the second form is beeing collected first.

0 Kudos

Hi Forian,

You said ' in initialisation of smartform call the FM of your second smartform. Just make sure the data you need for the second form is beeing collected first'. Can you please kindly give me an example? My mail is L886700@126.com

My  scenerio is as below:

I can't change the print program as it is standard but I have 11 smartforms that I would like to have call the same smartform as they are basically identical (except from a text module).

Customizing requires 11 unique smartform names in order to match them to the proper text module name so I can't just settle for a single smartform name.

At the moment I have to change 11 smartforms each time there is a small change to the overall layout - would be cool if I could just have 11 "empty" smartforms that just forwards to the same single smartform.

I think your answer can help me:-)  Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Yours Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek_rulzz,

I do't think so, I did't come accross such scenerio.

Could you plz expalin wht is the scenerio need to call SF in SF.

Regards,

Suneel G

0 Kudos

hi sunil,

i am using smart forms for displaying the PO details.when the details of a PO are over flowing then a new page is dynamically created.

Now my requirement is i have to create a new page at the end of PO details which will display all the ITEM TEXTS at last page.

i have used COMMAND to navigate to the next page. now the problem is if i am using the main window for displaying the item texts then it is not working. A secondary window or a final window is working for this purpose but the problem is if i use the secondry or a final window then the excess data is not flowing. (i.e a new page is not being created as it happens with the main window.).

and i am not giving any condition in command coz this is required in all the cases

can any one help me how to use the main window in the next page ?

or how to handle the excess data in secondry or final window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm wanting to do something similar. I have a question.

When you call the other smartform, does it end up in the same spool file?

Thanks

Doug