Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL TRANSACTION for MD47 in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have made a recording in SHDB and based on that I can make a CALL TRANSACTION to MD47. It works fine in online mode, but nothing happens when I run it in the background.

I have tried to flag 'Simulate in Background' during my recording in SHDB and also made sure it continues recording after COMMIT WORK, but the recording stops as soon as I hit Enter in the first selection screen.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Martin

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we run the program in online mode then we are pressing enter manually right, thats why its working but when we run it in background, somewhere the command box or screen sequence is missing thats why its not working so please check the command box its should display in all the screens when you run it in foreground, if its missed then some screen sequence is missing. please check it properly.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos

Thanks, but I have checked and the commands are fine. Problem is, that the recording stops when simulating background mode in SHDB.

Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Run your program in Error mode and check if it stops anywhere. This way you will come to know if it encounters any error while running in background.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I have found the error. Unfortunately it is a NULL pointer reference to an UI element in SAP standard code. This will of course not work in background mode.

Thanks for the replies.

Martin