Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business partner creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

i created the business partner as employee(sap user) and i have created the another business partner as contact person and one more business partner as customer for this partners i have created relation ship as contact person relation ship.

for the existing employee business partner i have to assign the above contact person and customer as employee responsible relationship .

i got the success messages but when it go to the bapi_transaction_commit it gives the dump.which as short dump is triggered using language element MESSAGE(type X).

how to rectify this problem plz help me out .

thanks for coming help.

regards

sirisha

3 REPLIES 3

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

Which functions are you using for those steps? BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA, BAPI_BUPA_ROLE_ADD_2 for business partner creation with roles and BAPI_BUPR_RELATIONSHIP_CREATE for relationships? I normally use those without any issues.

If so, you can do some experiences. Try to commit the changes after each BAPI call, to check in which step is raising the problem. It can give you more clues to solve it.

Kind regards,

Garcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi garcia ,

yes i used those rfc's only and i have commited after the BAPI_BUPR_RELATIONSHIP_CREATE .

in the message table i got the success message only but when it goes to the commit work i got the dump .

any thing wrong in my code plz review it and let me know.

code snippet :

READ TABLE it_messages INTO wa_messages WITH KEY type = 'S'.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

EXPORTING

wait = 'X'

IMPORTING

return = return.

RESULT = wa_messages-message .

LOOP AT it_messages INTO wa_messages WHERE type = 'E.

RESULT = wa_messages-message .

ENDLOOP.

it_messages is a table parameter i declared with bapi reference .

result (string ) is a export parameter i declared .

thanks and regards

sirisha

former_member222709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar issue in creating a Business Partner using the BAPI.

I inserted the following WAIT code before the 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

WAIT UP TO 5 SECONDS. 
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pranav.