Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics - Download/Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to download the graph generated using the Graphics FM to presentation server/send the graph as an email attachment. Is there any standard FM to do this. Any input is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the SAP Business Graphics screen choose from menu> Graphics>Send--> system will open screen SAP office and select the type of medium and internet mailing address and send with atttachment

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the SAP Business Graphics screen choose from menu> Graphics>Send--> system will open screen SAP office and select the type of medium and internet mailing address and send with atttachment

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. When I try to send an email I get an error "You have no sender address with the communication type you have chosen".

Also I have to download the graph to presentation server.

Thank you.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same requirement and I am having similar difficulties. The Send parameters for the form successfully sends the graphics as an attachment to the SAP Inbox. Unfortunately we have setup automatic routing from our production Inbox to our external email system. The graph gets sent as an attachment with a .GRA suffix. I cannot open this file outside of SAP - I have attempted to open it using the program GNBUX.EXE but it doesn't work.

Regards

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma,

I have changed my program to use the IGS Graphs instead of the SAP Business Graphics. The program will now run in the background and you can save the file to the app server, local PC or email the file.

A sample program for the IGS graphics is GRAPHICS_IGS_CE_TEST.

Sample charts can be produced using the SAP Chart Designer. The XML commands generated can be included into the program to produce the desired result. The SAP Chart Designer can be downloaded from the SDN Downloads section.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-appserver-tools

Regards

Darryl