Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bsp application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I try to execute sample of bsp application

In my sap server. I write also code. but when i execute the program that time asking username

and password.Here which user name and password i enter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's right, you need to supply the creditials that you use when logging on to that SAP system, so use the username and password that you enter in to SAPgui. The reason it is asking for username and password, is because the BSP application can be called from outside of SAPgui. Basically if you have the URL, you can open the browser and paste the URL, so it needs log on creditials to that system. It is a little redundant when you are calling the BPS directly from within SAPgui, oh well.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whoever is executing that application there userid and password are to be entered, because when you are creating a document that document is going to be created on that particular userid.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

I can't understand your answer.

My question is when i executing the bsp application progarm that time asking username and password.

here which user name and password i enter.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Enter your userid and password.

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Did it work. User your sap logon and password not the windows. I was confused myself the first time.

Reeta

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's right, you need to supply the creditials that you use when logging on to that SAP system, so use the username and password that you enter in to SAPgui. The reason it is asking for username and password, is because the BSP application can be called from outside of SAPgui. Basically if you have the URL, you can open the browser and paste the URL, so it needs log on creditials to that system. It is a little redundant when you are calling the BPS directly from within SAPgui, oh well.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

can u explain how is it possible to execute BSP application

without connecting to SAP GUI?

u have mentioned URL how we get the URL?

please explain

regards

Jaipal