Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOPF Transaction Management

thomas_deubel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

is it possible to retrieve data from an bopf object, after save the transaction with pattern "save and exit"?

Using /BOBF/IF_TRA_SERVICE_MANAGER will dump because the transaction state is "finished".

But how can i clear the transaction or get a new one or rather read data from an bopf-object?

Changing the transaction pattern is not an option, because this is a standard implementation.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Thomas Deubel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As far as I know there is no option to do so. There is no way to get rid of the service manager instance which is owned by the factory, therefore you are not able to create a new one and the existing one is in the state "finished" as you explained.

But maybe you can retrieve the data already before you save. As BOPF writes all the changed data already to the buffer there might be a chance to get the data you need already at that point in time. To evaluate if the data are already valid, you should check if there are determinations are running on update or create.

Cheers,

Martin

1 REPLY 1

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As far as I know there is no option to do so. There is no way to get rid of the service manager instance which is owned by the factory, therefore you are not able to create a new one and the existing one is in the state "finished" as you explained.

But maybe you can retrieve the data already before you save. As BOPF writes all the changed data already to the buffer there might be a chance to get the data you need already at that point in time. To evaluate if the data are already valid, you should check if there are determinations are running on update or create.

Cheers,

Martin